The Diamond PGS BlockBuffer is the Second line data communication hub of the system. It communicates via two communication ports:
• Downstream RS485 port
• Upstream RS485 port
The BlockBuffer main functions are:
• Collect data from up to 16 BlockBuffers connected to its downstream RS485 port.
• Calculate the availability figures of each allocation and the total of the entire system.
• Send data to downstream numeric displays.
• Compress the information and relay it upstream on request.
• Reduce commissioning effort to next to nil using its auto map feature.